Last month saw Dan Smith’s solo-turned-band project Bastille release the outrageous ‘Overjoyed’ to an excited fan-base and an impressed blogging community. The band, who have performed at both Glastonbury and the Isle Of Wight festival, are showing a rapid progression as a four-piece, a progression epitomized by the three and a half minutes of pleasure ‘Overjoyed’ provides us with. As always with Bastille, the track is littered with stumbling beats with a gentle dubstep influence, offset by awakening piano chords which support the song’s fragile vocals delightfully. The rousing chorus is reminiscent of Chris Martin or Justin Vernon and along with it’s haunting lyrics compels you to buy into Smith’s stunning pain. We are certainly going to see some exciting things from Bastille in the months to come and don’t be surprised if they jump from the shadows into the charts.
- Crowdscores – February 2014 wp.me/p2pKUA-gM 4 years ago
- Euro 2016 Group E preview. crwd.sc/1flA2kq #EURO2016 #Euro2016Draw 4 years ago
- RT @sethsentry: What. A. Hangover. Belgium Beer is like, 1,000,000 percent alcohol. Pure delicious ethanol. I think I danced to Crazy Town … 4 years ago
- Today's track is the awesome Create/Destroy by @artvsscience. slumpedinacorner.co.uk/2014/02/17/art… 4 years ago
- Art vs Science - Create/Destroy wp.me/p2pKUA-gC 4 years ago
What you lookin’ at.
acoustic all covered alternative america antonio paul architecture in helsinki art australia bastille benny and the dukes chance waters chet faker chiddy bang cosmo jarvis cris cab dance design drum n bass dune rats electro electro-pop electronica electropop felix cartal fly moon royalty folk free download funk garage Ghost Beach hailey calvert haim hip-hop hiphop indie indie-pop jhameel jordan butler little comets lorde louis london magic man matisyahu Matt & kim matt and kim mausi mixtape music needing cherie ocd pez poindexter pop premier league rac rap reggae rizzle kicks rock roots seth sentry ska soul sweden swiss lips synthpop theme park the rubens the streets the vault track of the day triple j young maverick you wont yves klein blue